- 3 ounces ground turkey
- 1 medium eggplant, halved
- 4 chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup shredded zucchini, skin on
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese (the kind in can)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce
Spray a 12 inch skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Add the ground turkey, cook until no longer pink. Add onion, garlic, chopped tomatoes, shredded zucchini, red bell peppers, eggplant pulp and seasonings. Cook over medium heat until the vegetables are tender, but still crisp.
Add the marinara sauce and stir until thoroughly incorporated.
Remove pan from heat and evenly divide mixture between each eggplant shell. Sprinkle the top of eggplant with shredded (low-fat) Parmesan cheese.
Place the eggplant halves on a cookie sheet spray with non-stick cooking spray. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and plate. A spinach salad with a light lemon/olive oil dressing is a perfect complement. My personal wine choice for this meal is a Pinot Noir (red wine).
You’re in the neighboorhood of 198 calories for one serving. This meal serves two and ready to eat within 45 minutes.