- 2 medium size red skin potatoes, cubed (skin on)
- Non-stick basil flavored cooking spray
- 2 (8-ounce) chicken breast cubed, or equivalent thereof
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 container of small cherry tomatoes (about 2 cups), chopped
- 1 medium size cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/2 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 3 scallions (including the stems), chopped
- Lite Caesar dressing (I used about 1/3 cup of Ken’s Lite Caesar). There are plenty on the market.
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons fat-free feta cheese
- Handful of Kalamata olive, roughly chopped
Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray. Arrange a single layer of cubed potatoes on the sheet. Coat the potatoes with the cooking spray. Bake in 450 degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove and set aside.
Place cubed chicken in a bowl. Coat chicken with 1/4 cup lemon juice. Add salt and pepper. Cover bowl and transfer to fridge for 15-30 minutes.
While chicken is marinating in the fridge, prepare the salsa. Place cucumber, tomato, bell pepper, scallions, Lite Caesar dressing, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and oregano into a bowl and thoroughly mix. Place in fridge until ready to plate.
Remove chicken from fridge and cook in a non-stick pan coated with non-stick cooking spray. Cook until meat is no longer pink. Remove from heat and drain any excess juices. Divide chicken into 5 servings and plate. I found a 6.75″ earred brulee dish is an excellent choice for serving this meal. Or, an Au gratin dish.
Place each chicken in the bottom of the serving dish. Top with the Greek Salsa. Place the roasted red skins around the perimeter of the dish. Sprinkle each serving with feta cheese and Kalamata olives. Now…. dive in!!
Serves five. Calories are in the neighborhood of 290 calories per serving.