A colorful and easy appetizer you can throw together in 20 minutes. Serves 24 and you can swap out ingredients as needed. Each jumbo shell is a mere 65 calories. Tasty and filling.
- 3/4 cup chopped cucumber (peeled)
- 1 cup chopped tomato, cherry tomatoes work best
- 6 round slices of salami, chopped. Look for fat-free brands.
- 2 1/2 cups chopped spinach leaves
- 24 jumbo pasta shells
- 20 Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 cup chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese (I like the Buitoni Brand)
- 4 tablespoons Light Caesar Dressing
Cook shells as directed on package. You will want them al dente. Once cooked, rinse in cold water and drain.
Combine all the cut and chopped veggies in a large mixing bowl. Add olives, cheese, salami, and chick peas. Pour Caesar dressing into bowl and gently toss.
Stuff each shell and serve. Best served fresh. Serves 24 and in the neighborhood of 65 calories per shell.