This is the menu for a dinner party the wine-guy and I are attending on Saturday. It’s a private affair at the home of our good friends, Michael (Chef MO) and Renae. Riccardo Pasqua, owner of Pasqua Winery in Verona, Italy, will be a guest. His family wines are being paired with the menu.
My husband and I had the pleasure of dining with Riccardo last night at Cinco Lagos. The restaurant’s chef, Joe Olson, prepared a four course dinner in true Italian style that showcased a number of Pasqua wine varietals. I’m generally not a white wine drinker but the Soave was excellent. Fresh, with plenty of citrus fruits and floral notes. If you’re a “newbie” to wine, this is the wine for you.
These four and five course dinners, all in the same week, are consuming my “splurge” calorie reserve. Blimpy Girl will be hitting the walking trail next week! In the meantime, I look forward to indulging in
- Beef Tenderloin Toast Points with Foie Gras Red Onion infused Marmalade
- Bacon Wrapped Molasses Scallops in Molasses butter
- Rack of Lamb with Gorgonzola stuffed Lamb Roast
- Fresh Beet Salad with Sherry Vinaigrette, Shallots & Fried Cherre Goat Cheese
- Apple Cobbler with fresh cream
Next week’s menu for me will be salad, salad, salad and more salad!