- 4 cups bagged coleslaw (you can also use broccoli slaw)
- 1 jicama peeled and chopped
- 2 mangoes, peeled and diced
- 8 ounce can of pineapple tidbits (don’t drain)
- 8 jumbo shrimp, cooked and peeled
- 1/3 cup fat-free yogurt
- 15 ounce canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons fat-free Dijonnaise (I like the Hellman’s brand)
- 2 teaspoon rice vinegar
- Salt, pepper and chili powder to taste (about 1/8 teaspoon of each)
- 2 drops coconut extract (optional)
Cook shrimp and set aside. In a large bowl combine the black beans, pineapple, chopped mango, jicama and slaw. Toss well and set aside.
In a smaller bowl combine the remaining ingredients and blend well. Pour this dressing over the slaw mixture. Toss until slaw is coated.
Refrigerate the slaw salad for at least one hour. You have a couple of options.
1) you can chop up the shrimp and add to slaw salad
2) leave the shrimp whole and arrange one shrimp on the top of plated salad.
I personally like to leave the shrimp whole. It makes for a nice arrangement. This recipe will make 8 servings. Each serving is in the neighborhood of 160 calories when serving with one jumbo shrimp.