Nothing like starting the day off with a vitamin and iron packed smoothie. Mango’s are known for their anti-oxidant properties and 1 cup of mango contains the following percentages that apply to daily value.*
- 76 percent vitamin C (antioxidant and immune booster)
- 25 percent vitamin A (antioxidant and vision)
- 11 percent vitamin B6 plus other B vitamins (hormone production in brain and heart disease prevention)
- 9 percent healthy probiotic fibre
- 9 percent copper (copper is a co-factor for many vital enzymes plus production of red blood cells)
- 7 percent potassium (to balance out our high sodium intake)
- 4 percent magnesium
A kiwi is packed with more vitamin C than an equivalent amount of orange and a good source of dietary fiber. This recipe is easy and makes three 1-cup servings.
Here’s what you need:
2 kiwi, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 mango, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 1/2 cup cold water
8-10 ice cubes
Put everything into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour off a serving and savor the flavor!