- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
- 2 tablespoons 2% or skim milk
- 3/8 teaspoons vanilla extract (add to milk)
- 1 cup peeled and finely diced apple
- 3 tablespoons old-fashioned oats (not instant)
- 2 no-caloried sweetner packets
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 slices bread (I used white)
- Salt to taste
- Sugar-free maple syrup (1/2 cup)
Toast the three bread slices. Set two pieces of toasted bread aside.
Place one toasted bread slice in blender or food processor. Pulse into small pieces. Do not remove from blender/food processor, set aside.
In a mixing bowl combine milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt and sweetner. Stir in the finely chopped apples and oats. Add this liquid mixture to the bread pieces in food processor/blender. Gently pulse until mixed.
Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Remove combined mixture from blender/food processor and cook over medium heat. Cook like scramble eggs continually stirring until cooked through.
Remove from heat. Place the reserved toasted bread slices on a plate. Divide the egg mixture in half and serve atop each plated bread slice. Drizzle with syrup and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Makes 2 servings. In the neighborhood of 210 calories per serving.