- 6 ounce chicken breast cut into two fillets (if you want more chicken use an additional fillet)
- 1 eight-ounce can chunk pineapple with juice
- 1 tablespoon lite soy sauce (reduced sodium)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, pepper, garlic powder (add to your taste)
- 4 ounces fettuccine noodles, cooked and drained
- Cornstarch for thickening sauce
- 1 cup chopped Fuji apple
- Small personal size can pineapple juice (about 1/2 cup)
Season chicken pieces with the salt, pepper and garlic. Place chicken fillets in a zip lock bag along with soy sauce and pineapple (include the juice). Mix well, seal bag and refrigerate for 10-15 minutes.
Cook and drain pasta and set aside. Spray a baking 8 x 8 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking oil. Add the chicken fillets and pineapple with juice marinate. Bake in 350 degree oven for 25 minutes.
Remove chicken from oven and allow to cool. Pour off any juices into a skillet. Chop chicken into bite-size pieces and set aside.
To prepare sauce: Add 5 teaspoons cornstarch (you will have to determine the exact amount needed to thicken the sauce) to 1/2 cup pineapple juice and 1/2 cup cold water. Mix the cornstarch into the liquid until there are no lumps. Heat up the skillet with the reserved pineapple juice over medium heat. Slowly stir in the cornstarch mixture and continually stir until the sauce thickens.
Once thickened, add chicken pieces, apples and pasta. Toss well and plate. Each serving (serves four) is in the neighborhood of 275 calories.
Tip: Purchase a 16-ounce can of pineapple if making larger portions. You will have to adjust the juice and cornstarch accordingly.