- 6 ounces New York strip steak, cooked and thinly sliced
- 3 large mushroom caps, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 3 tomato slices, cut in half
- 3 hot dog buns, cut lengthwise to make six open face buns
- 3 slices Provolone cheese
Spray a skillet with non-stick cooking oil. Add chopped onion and mushroom to the pan along with the olive oil. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
Add the precooked steak pieces to the mushroom/onion mixture. Cook for 1 minute over medium low heat. Add the cheese slices and cook until thoroughly melted.
Remove pan from heat and serve a one ounce portion atop each bun half. Plate two bun halves with shredded lettuce and two tomato slices. Serve hot and gobble up!
This recipe makes three servings (2 bun halves per serving). Calories per serving are in the neighborhood of 330.
When reheating in microwave, heat for 32 seconds, let sit for 15 seconds and then reheat for another 12 seconds.