- 2 1/2 ounce of fish (I used fresh water Blue Gill), chopped. You can use crab, fake crab, shrimp, lobster, tilapia, and any other fish type that strikes your fancy
- 2 tablespoons roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1 wedge garlic onion Laughing Cow cheese
- 1 chopped/minced scallion
- 2 teaspoons fat free cream cheese, room temp
- 1/2 teaspoons wasabi paste plus 3/4 teaspoon water
- 3 tablespoons chopped avocado
- 2 tablespoons minced cucumber
- 1/8 teaspoon lime juice
- Pinch of garlic and onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package of phyllo dough cups (15 total)
In a small mixing bowl mix all ingredients. Mush the avocado and cream cheese and Laughing Cow cheese into the ingredients. You should have something that looks like a paste.
Scoop out the mixture and evenly fill the 15 phyllo dough cups. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 4 minutes.
Plate and serve. I used romaine lettuce to seat three cups, added a wedge of avocado and and a dollop of buttercream squash (warmed).
You’re in the neighborhood of 90 calories for 3 phyllo cups. Not bad. Add a wedge of avocado and you will intake another 40 calories (but those just might be “good” calories). Avocado contains “oleic acid”, a monounsaturated fat that may help lower cholesterol. So even though they may contain extra calories, it’s ain’t all bad news.