- 10 cooked lasagna noodles
- 6 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves, chopped
- Fat-free ricotta cheese, 15 ounce
- 1/4 cup grated Romano/Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup reggiano cheese, grated
- 3 chopped scallions
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (not in olive oil)
- 1/4 cup egg-mate (or 1 egg)
- 32 ounce jar Marinara sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 cup low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
Pour off 1 cup of the marinara sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 12 baking dish. Reserve remaining sauce. Combine spinach, ricotta, reggiano, parmesan (grated), scallions, sun-dried tomatoes, egg and seasonings. Mix into a paste like consistency.
Lay cooked lasagna noodles on paper towels. Pat thoroughly to ensure they are dry. Evenly spread the ricotta mixture onto each noodle. Roll up, placing seam side down in the baking dish. Spoon remaining sauce over the rolled noodles and sprinkle with shredded mozzarella cheese. Cover dish with foil and bake in 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes.
Each roll up is in the neighborhood of 225 calories. A side of steamed asparagus and toasted garlic bread will leave you plenty full. This dish reheats well in the microwave if you have leftovers (I didn’t have any leftovers!)