- 2 ounces of thinly sliced beef tenderloin (trim away any fat)
- 1/2 cups chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 slice fat-free sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 lettuce leaf (romaine, Boston leaf, or green/red leaf)
Thinly slice the fillet and set aside. Coat a skillet with non-stick cooking oil (I used olive oil spray) and add the mushrooms and onions. Cook until tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
Respray skillet with non-stick oil and cook steak slices. Toss the meat around in the pan until evenly cooked. This won’t take long and you don’t want to overcook. Once cooked, turn off stove top heat. Pile steak pieces in the center of the skillet and place cheese slice on top. Once the cheese starts to melt, toss to throughly coat the steak pieces and serve up this yumminess on top a lettuce leaf.
Tip: This recipe makes one serving. Calories are in the neighborhood of 200 which includes two tomato slices on the side.
Print recipe using your print menu options.