- 1/2 cup canned tuna in water, drained
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 6 slices fat-free sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 wedges Laughing Cow Swiss cheese
- 4 cups cooked cauliflower
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 cups uncooked whole wheat rotini pasta
- Tomato slices
- 8-12 fresh green beans, cut into 2 inches pieces
Cook pasta according to directions on box, drain and set aside. While pasta is cooking steam the cauliflower. To do this, trim off the stems and green leaves of a whole cauliflower. Place the entire head of cauliflower in a microwave safe dish . Add 1/2 cup water to dish. Cover and microwave until tender (about 10 minutes).
Once cauliflower is cooked, drain any excess water and chop into bite size pieces. In a large bowl combine the cooked pasta, cauliflower, cheese wedges, grated Parmesan and cheddar cheese slices. You will want to do this while the cauliflower is still quite warm so that the cheese melts into the pasta/cauliflower.
Once the cheeses are throughly mix, add the milk and tuna. Toss until everything is mixed well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Place tuna noodle mixture into a baking casserole dish and top with seasoned bread crumbs, tomato slices and beans (see below picture).
Bake in 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. This will serve up to 6 people with a one cup serving. Calories are in the neighborhood of 235 calories per serving.
Tip: Use an ice cream scoop when plating the dish.
Print recipe using the print menu on your computer.