- 2 heads of broccoli steamed until tender, but still somewhat firm
- 1 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 wedges of French Onion Laughing Cow cheese
- 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons Cheese Whiz (jar type)
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
Fill a medium size sauce pan with 3/4 cup water and insert a vegetable steamer basket. Coarsely chop broccoli heads and place in steamer basket. Cook until tender. If you can insert fork prongs into the broccoli, it’s good to go.
Remove broccoli from pan and pour into a blender (any water juice should be included). Add 1 1/4 cup 2% milk, 1/2 cup water, 2 tablespoons Cheese Whiz, Laughing Cow cheese, and 1 cup low-fat cheddar cheese. Pulsate the ingredients until you have a soupy consistency.
Pour off mixture in the saucepan used to steam the broccoli. Heat on medium heat until cheeses are melted into the mixture.
This recipe yields four 1-cup servings. Each serving is in the neighborhood of 140 calories. How about them there apples? I’m likin’ it.