- One light English muffin (halved)
- 2 slices thinly sliced tomato
- 6 basil leaves
- Low fat mozarella shredded cheese (about 1 tablespoon per muffin)
- 1 teaspoon light butter spread mixed with 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- Thinly sliced onions pieces
- Salt & pepper to taste
Combine butter and crushed/chopped garlic in a small dish and set aside.
Place tomato slices in a skillet sprayed with non-stick cooking oil. Cook on both sides until somewhat blackened.
Slice English muffin in half and spread each half with the garlic butter paste. Top with onion slices, tomato and cheese. Top off with 3 basil leaves.
Cook in toaster oven at 375 degrees until cheese is melted (about 5 minutes). Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve atop romaine lettuce leaf and tomato slice.
1/2 half muffin is in the neighborhood of 90 calories.