- 15 ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can whole kernel corn, drained and rinsed
- 2 avocado, diced
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 3 tomatoes, diced (I used a 14/5 ounce can Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained… way easier!)
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced
- 2/3 ounce packet of Good Seasons Italian dry salad dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (you can substitute red wine vinegar if you don’t have lime juice). Or, use 3 tablespoons lime juice and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Black or red pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
Gently mix the corn, black beans, avocado, tomatoes, onion, and red bell pepper in a mixing bowl. Stir in the spices. Add dry Italian seasoning, lime juice and olive oil. Refrigerate over night. Serve with scoop type tortilla chips.