- 4-6 ounce lean tenderloin steak, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces cooked fettuccine pasta noodles
- 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 2 teaspoons beef base (from Gordon Food Service, in a tub)
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 5 teaspoons corn starch
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 3 wedges Laughing Cow Swiss cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cook, rinse and drain the fettuccine noodles. Set aside You may want to cut them into 2 inch slices to make them easier to eat.
Spray large skillet with non-stick cooking oil. Add sliced beef and pan sear over medium high heat until cooked through. Do not over cook. Remove and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine gravy mix with 1 3/4 cups water. Pour mixture into skillet, add mushrooms and onion. Cook until tender.
Add 1/2 cup cold water in a measuring cup. Incorporate 4-5 teaspoons cornstarch into the water. Mix well. Add to the mixture in skillet and stir until sauce thickens. (8-10 minutes).
When sauce thickens add the wedges of Swiss cheese and stir until melted. Add sour cream and continue stirly until sauce is uniform and combined.
Add fettuccine noodles to the skillet and mix until coated. Season with salt and pepper.
Makes 4 servings. Each serving is in the neighborhood of 335 calories.