- 2 cups green beans (I use fresh that are trimmed and cut)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 15 ounce can kidney beans (you can also substitute with yellow wax beans)- drained and rinsed
- 1 red or yellow pepper
- 1 can chick peas, 15 ounce can drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup red onion chopped
The Yummy Dressing
- Fresh chopped parsley, 3 tablespoons
- Juice from 2 oranges
- 1/4 rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
If using fresh green beans you will need to do a quick blanch. Bring a pot of water to a boil and add green beans and broccoli. Cook until tender and then immerse in a iced cold water bath to stop the cooking process.
Drain the water and add the kidney beans, chick peas, diced red pepper, onion and parsley. Toss and set aside while you prepare the dressing. Add the dressing to the veggies and let marinate for a couple of hours in the fridge.
Print recipe using your print menu option.