- 2 sweet potatoes (about 12-13 ounces total), peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 1 large honey crisp apple cut into bite size pieces, no need to peel
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- Ground nutmeg and salt to taste (a dash will do yah)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 3/4 tablespoons light butter spread (I used Land O Lakes brand)
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
Fire up your oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the foil pack. To do this, tear off a sheet of foil and spray with non-stick cooking oil. Place the apple and potato chunks on the foil. Sprinkle with the cranberries, brown sugar and seasonings. Add small dollops of butter over the mixture.
Tear off a second sheet of foil and place on top of the apple/potato mixture. Fold all the sides to form a packet. Place packet on a cookie sheet. Bake in oven for 23-25 minutes. You want the apples and potato chunks to be soft.
Allow foil packet to cool slightly and carefully open allowing steam to escape. Be careful, as the steam could burn your hands (I use an oven mitt). That’s it! Serve up and enjoy.
Easily makes 4 side dish servings.