I am a sucker for Taco Bell’s Mexican Pizza. That is now history. MY MEXICAN PIZZA rocks and I’m booting Taco Bell out the door.
Not only is this an easy dish to make (and filling), it is rather low in calories. The biggest calorie binge is the cheese, but even that can be purchased low-fat. The other thing I love-love about this meal is the portion size. You can make it a meal or make it an appetizer.
- (2) nine-inch flour tortillas
- 2 cups Mexican mixed low-fat shredded cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped calamari olives
- 1/2 cup refried beans in can
- (1) medium tomato chopped
- 1 cup heated crumbled Boco burger meat
- 1/2 packet dried taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup minced sweet onion (add to the Boco burger)
- Salt & pepper to taste
Place two tortillas onto a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray. Spread each tortilla with a layer of refried beans, burger and salsa.
Place a second flour tortilla on top and bake in the oven for 10 minutes in a preheated oven at 350 degrees.
Remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes. Then add a layer of salsa, cheese, green onion, black olives and tomatoes.
Return to oven and cook for another 8 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before slicing into quarter sections.