If you are looking for a way to incorporate veggies into your meal plan, this mixed veggie salad might fit the bill. With so many summer garden veggies on the vine, I am always scouting out ways to use up the bounty.
Since the wine-guy (AKA, Honey-Man) is in the wine business, there is never a shortage of great olive oils from famous wine countries. Some of these olive oils can retail upwards of $60 a bottle. I happened to use one of those olive oils for this salad. Take note, I don’t pay that much for the olive oil. This bottle was a sample gift from one of the vineyards the wine guy represents.
- (1) small bunch of Broccoli, chopped
- (2) steamed corn on the cob, remove corn from the cob
- (2) medium, tomatoes deseeded
- (2) medium, cucumbers, deseeded
- (1) bunch of scallions, chopped
- (24) pit-free, calamari olives
- (4) ounces fat-free Feta cheese, crumbled
- (1) small zucchini, chopped
- Fresh basil leaves to taste
- Salad Dressing
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Mix the dressing and pour over salad ingredients just before serving. Add salt and pepper to taste.
This recipe will yield approximately (8) one cup servings. Serve over a bed of green scallions (use the green portion that you would normally discard) and add a few fresh basil sprigs.
Tip: A grilled chicken breast would compliment this salad along with a glass of Pinot Grigio wine.